Welcome to the Vernal Equinox. Hopefully this means that Fimbulwinter is averted once more!
Blast from the Past
- 30 Simple Tools For Data Visualization | Co.Design | business + design
- Gephi – The Open Graph Viz Platform
- Datavisualization.ch Selected Tools
- dimple – A simple charting API for d3 data visualisations
- Monitorix Project by Jordi Sanfeliu (aka Mikaku)
- Goffee — Written in Go, Goffee is a fast, concurrent way to monitor your sites from all over the World. It uses the Tor network to monitor regular sites and .onion sites from around the world.
- LEGO MOC-2629 Lego 3D printer extruder (Technic 2014) | Rebrickable – Build with LEGO
- This Lego-Modded Glue Gun is A Handheld 3D Printer
- Introducing Tweet a Program — Some truly amazing programs, written in the space of a tweet. Admittedly, they are leveraging Wolfram Alpha (such as one to plot known shipwrecks in the Atlantic Ocean), but they are still amazing.
- Precious Moments Live Long And Prosper STAR TREK Porcelain Figurine — Limited edition; filled with pointy ears, tribbles, and precious moments.
Site of the Week
This week I’d like to send a shout-out to One Thing Well. It advertises itself as
One Thing Well isn’t just about software that adheres strictly to the Unix philosophy, though; instead it aims to showcase the applications, tools and utilities that—you guessed it— do one thing well, with or without a graphical user interface, on any platform, be they commercial, free or open source.
Everyday there are about three tools added to the site. Some are Apple focused, others unix/linux, and others are generic. However, there’s usually something for everyone. It’s on my list of sites to visit every day!